Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer in the S.L.C.


We spent the first two weeks of July in Salt Lake. We had so much fun playing with family, celebrating Clara's birthday and the 4th of July, meeting new cousins (hi, Ryane and Ellie!), having tea parties and BBQs and slumber parties and going to Red Butte and Hogle Zoo and Liberty Park and up Milcreek Canyon. We were crazy busy but we got tons of really good time in with everyone. It was exhausting though because Clara, who wasn't on a very good sleep schedule before*, got all kinds of messed up. There was no structure to her days and so her nights were disastrous. And since Nate only stayed for the first few days, I was on my own driving Clara up and down 7th East for hours in the middle of every night to get her back to sleep. I was worn out. But it was totally worth it to see Clara splashing in Grandpa's stream and Sophie chasing Maddie in circles in the Howell's backyard. It kills me that we live away from family and it's so important to me that my kids are close to their cuzzies and grandparents back home that I will put up with any amount of sleep depravation to make that happen. You are welcome, girls.

P.S. We took about 7 billion pictures this trip. There is no way I could do them justice so I just picked a handful of cute ones to stick on here. If you are interested in the rest of them, click here to see them all.

* Just for the record, since we've been home, we've finally gotten Clara on a good, predictable, one nap a day schedule and now she is a dream sleeper - 12 hours at night, without a peep and a 2-3 hour nap during the day without a struggle. It only took a year but I'm getting some good sleep again at last.

No comments: