Friday, August 27, 2010

The Monstah!


Did you know that I am the best wife ever? In April, Nate and I celebrated our 10th anniversary (Dude!). We don't normally do gifts for anniversaries, but this was a big anniversary so we did big gifts. Nate got me some really, truly, wicked awesome bling (which I don't want to post on here because it will make you all faint). And while I thought about getting him a diamond encrusted EGOT necklace, I went with the Red Sox package instead. Among other things, we got to see a game from the Green Monster seats, got a tour of Fenway, a "limo" (read as: party bus) ride to the park and to be on the field for batting practice. I'll say that again: we got to be on the field for batting practice. It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. The seats were perfect, the tour was sweet, Papi touched my pen and the Sawx won on a walk-off in extra innings (Yooooouuuuuukkkkkk!!!). Could you ask for anything more?

It was a super fast trip though. We flew in Saturday morning, met old friends for lunch, went to the game, hit Cornwall's with the crew afterwards, spent Sunday stomping around our old stomping grounds and were on our way home by dinner time. Totally worth the craziness though because Papi touched my pen!

P.S. A ginormous thank you goes out to Nate's mom and sister who came to watch our girls for us while we went. And to Uncle Dave and Aunt Sarah who backed them up. It really helped us enjoy ourselves because we knew that Sophie and Clara were in such good hands. Love you guys!

1 comment:

K-10 said...

I have chills...looks like an AMAZING trip..and I hate you just a little bit ;)