Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Day at Art Camp

Sophie started Summer Art Camp today. I felt like it was her first day of school because this is really her first school-like experience that I don't have to be at. It was so weird to drop her off and leave! She was pretty nervous to go, but taking her Dora backpack and Tusky, the elephant, helped. She did great when she got there though. I spent about 15min. with her getting used to it all and so when I left she didn't really bat an eye. And when I picked her up she was happy to see me but not relieved. The teacher said she warmed up almost right away - they were doing an animal book and Sophie knew (and shouted) the names of them all. Sophie said she had lots of fun. She made a bug out of a water bottle and planted a "bean tree" with a decorated carton. Too cute!

No comments: