Monday, August 3, 2009

Visitors/Employees

We have been so amazingly lucky to have had so many people come to help us with Clara - three solid weeks of visitors! I never expected this since we don't live near family, but I guess it is one of the benefits of a planned c-section. Having grandmas and grandpas around has really helped keep Sophie from acting up too much and has made it possible for me to actually heal - I'm feeling great! And while we were super appreciative(!!!!!) of all the help, it was even more special to share Clara's first weeks with people we love... and that love her.

My dad and Char were here for the birth and helped with Sophie while Nate stayed with me in the hospital.

Nate's mom was here for Clara's birth too (where she was surprised with the news that Clara's middle name would be Jane) and then stayed for our first few days home from the hospital.

My mom came the day Jane left and stayed for TWO WHOLE WEEKS to make sure I took my naps and didn't lift Sophie and avoided a blood clot.

And my uber-talented sister, Amy, flew here for a longer-than-expected weekend to photograph my kids (plural - ahh!). She got some AMAZING shots that I will post as soon I pick the ones I want.

Of course Dave and Sarah were around since they live here.

And lucky me and the girls, Nate gets four weeks of paternity leave which he only started a week ago. So I have a 4 week-old baby and still have 3 more weeks of help - how much better could it get? Plus, I kinda like Nate and I know he is loving having some quality with his girls.

I wish we could have had everyone we love here, but don't worry Salt Lakers - we'll be there in just a couple weeks and can share Clara-Beara then.

No comments: