Monday, August 17, 2009

Paternity Leave


I don't always love Nate's job. He works long days. He has to get up super early. He sometimes has to go in on the weekends. And they require him to wear dress shirts which means I have to actually do laundry. But sometimes I don't mind it. Payday, for example. This last month I have LOVED it! Why? Because they gave him one month paid paternity leave. Words cannot describe how fabulous it has been to have Nate home. He's been a GIGANTIC help with both girls. He gets up in the night with Clara even though I'm nursing. He's given Sophie tons of attention, even taken her off my hands a few times. He watched Clara so I could take a nap almost every day. He babied me since I needed to recover from my c-section. He's run errands and fixed stuff around the house and cooked breakfast almost everyday. And we've had tons of fun together, both getting out and about and just playing at home. It feels like we've really settled into life as a family of four and I think it would have been a much harder transition if Nate wasn't around. So thank you, Sidley! You have earned our undying loyalty!!!

Clara's first dip in the swimming pool - not a big hit.
Checking out the Planetarium (too old for Sophie, but fun anyway)
Meeting Dora before seeing a real movie in a real theater with popcorn. Sophie loved the popcorn, LOVED meeting Dora, did not like the movie (Monsters vs. Aliens which was way too old for her).
At the Garfield Park Conservatory, looking for turtles.
Daddy and daughter walk. We've gone on lots of walks around the neighborhood.
Just relaxing at home.

No comments: