Of course, my previous post was a JOKE. Brittany tried to talk me out of putting it up because she thought it would be rude to Sophie, but if Sophie can't take a joke, she's going to need a lot of therapy later in life. Brittany doesn't know this, but I read the blog entry to Sophie before I posted it, and she thought it was HILARIOUS!!! She totally gets irony.Little Sophie was born last Sunday, July 22 at 7:52 PM, and weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 1 oz., and 21 inches long. Sophie is a HUGE baby!!! People who see her think she is two months old. People who don't see her (e.g., blind folk) think she sounds two months old. Helen Keller would have no idea how old she is, but that is her loss. Water, Helen, water!!! The nice thing about a big baby is that she is totally chillaxed and sleeps for 5 hours at a time, allowing mom and dad time to sleep, watch Lord of the Rings: Return of the King almost 1 1/2 times, win two marathons (allowing time for a very small snack in between), or perform a full frontal labotomy (not including prep time). Also, I won't say what her APGAR scores were exactly, but let's just say that she has already shown a talent for standardized testing... Harvard here we come. In short, she is a superior infant, despite her lack of myelin.
We adore Sophie and can't imagine life without her.




2 comments:
Congrats Howell Family! Sophie is so beautiful! I am so happy for you! I hope you two are doing well. I just wanted to let you know that I have a swim meet in Chicago on November 10 and I would LOVE to see Sophie....and maybe, I guess, her parents too! And I am trying to talk my mom into coming to watch that meet also. So if I could see you guys that would be great but I know you are super busy! Love you guys and keep in touch!
-Allison Maxwell
Thanks for giving us little Sophie! She's the best! And since I know her better than anyone, I agree with myself that she is a ROCK STAR!!!
Post a Comment