We did nothing special for Labor Day. Nothing. In fact, Nate had to work this morning. But we had a magically uneventful afternoon and evening.
While Clara napped, Sophie, Nate and I played board games on the front porch.
Sophie loves her dad - this is her laughing at him.
Then we made some serious masterpieces with sidewalk chalk in the front yard.
After Nate made dinner, he told the girls silly, "surprise" stories on the back porch. The girls were completely enthralled.
Clara was dancing around with this towel for some reason. She wanted it to be long like Rapunzel's hair
(Hmmm... wonder where she got that idea from)
It was chilly outside, but the girls were having too much fun to care.
And the whole evening I just kept thinking: this is what it's all about. Sounds so simple and there wasn't anything really special about today but I was just made so aware that I couldn't ask for anything more.




No comments:
Post a Comment