Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another Perfect Weekend... Sigh...





Another Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market, made up of donuts and sunflowers and music and fresh fruits and veggies. We headed to the park next and let the kids wear themselves out.
After naps/downtime, we went to Target for a new dress for Sophie's first day of school. On the way home we saw this ginormic cow heading home on the freeway. There was a horse, too. The girls thought it was hysterical.
After the kids were in bed, Nate and I shared some wine and made some dinner using the purple and white carrots we got that morning - they were not that special, truth be told.
This morning, after Nate's 30 mile bike ride, we went to breakfast. While there, we were trying to think of something fun to do. It was such a lovely day, we didn't want to waste it inside but we are kind of zoo-ed/park-ed/nature walk-ed out. Nate suggested the beach and I loved the idea! We haven't been since last summer. Which is a crime!
I felt like such an idiot when we got there. The last few times we've tried the beach it's been cold or windy or the kids had no interest in the water. I didn't bring a swimsuit because I thought we would get there, spend 15min. building a sand castle and call it a day. Wrong!
 It was soooo gorgeous and fun and perfect today! I totally would have gone swimming, and in fact, kind of did. I was walking out with Sophie and we were up to about her chest. She lost her balance and went under. She was struggling to get herself back up so I had to rescue her, sacrificing my clothes in the bargain. I guess that was the right choice...
Clara spent a little time in the water but was mostly interested in the sand and the seagulls. But it was hysterical to watch her - the girl had an agenda! She could not be bothered with us - she was just focused on her playing and chasing.
Sophie did some serious sand work, too, but she was mostly swimming. I was shocked at her! She just walked right out to the water and was jumping and playing and even intentionally losing her balance. She went as deep as her shoulders and didn't even pause once. Quite a difference from last summer! 


Tonight she told us that when she's in the ocean, the inside of her body gets "dancey". I couldn't be happier!
And after dinner on the porch, we walked over to the East Gate for cookies. It really was the perfectway to end summer.

No comments: