Thursday, May 26, 2011

Preschool Graduate-ish

Sophie graduated from preschool last week. Phew! That was close! She almost didn't pass English. Oh wait...
She still has one more year of preschool before kindergarten, but they did have a little graduation ceremony for all the kids. It was so fun to see her with all her friends and to see some of the fun things they do all day. I love her school, even more now. Because of her schedule, we actually got to go twice. Wednesday, Nate was still in D.C. so Clara and I went. Clara fell asleep in the car on the way there and stayed asleep on my lap during most of the program (that's why the video is horrible). On Thursday, Nate got to join us. Clara was not asleep this time and it was killing her that she could see Sophie but not play with her. I spent the entire time trying unsuccessfully to keep her away from her sister - she kept grabbing my hand and walking toward Sophie and saying "excuse me" to anyone that was in her way. I ended up in the hallway with a tantruming toddler. It was sweet in an annoying kind of way. But I was so proud of Sophie. She sang enthusiastically. She did her tumbling and ostrich walk without hesitation. And she was very respectful of the other kids performing. What a gal!


Obligatory trip for ice cream - just Sophie and Dad.

Here is a link to a video of her program. It's not much and it's almost 15min long but I thought the grandparents might like to see it (I'm talking about you, Jane!)

No comments: