
We had another ultra sound today to check out Shim. So far everything looks great! They tried to see the gender, but the baby wouldn't cooperate so we'll have to wait until February for that info (I thought I saw something, but the tech didn't and since she is actually trained, I'll trust her interpretation). This appointment was to check for chromosomal abnormalities and the doctor said we have a 97% chance of delivering a healthy baby. My blood work isn't back yet so if that comes back clean, which he expects that it will, the chance of a healthy baby will go up even more. We are very relieved, especially since the doctor started the consultation with "the good news is your ultra sound is fine but the bad news is..." (which of course made our hearts stop) "... your blood work is still at the lab." We saw the baby move and stretch and saw his/her little arms and legs and beating heart. It was really cool and made this pregnancy very, very real and very, very exciting!

P.S. Happy New Year Everyone!




2 comments:
YIPEE!!! I'm so HIPPY! Congratulations you guys. I love you all!
By the way, my blood work did in fact come back clear. Yeah!
Post a Comment