Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dodds Do Chicago


Last week (4/9 - 4/15) we had a really fun visit from the Dodds. As luck would have it, Andrew had a conference that he wanted to attend that happened to be in Chicago and it happened to be over the boys' Spring Breaks. My mom came on Monday, two days earlier than the rest of the crew. We spent the time shopping for baby gear. With her help, Nate and I are pretty well stocked up for the little tyke (as evidenced by Nate's previous post). It was amazingly helpful to have her here to help me figure out what we needed. I was completely overwhelmed pre-Joy and now I feel ready to tackle this whole baby craziness.



The Dodds boys showed up on Wednesday. Andrew had meetings during the days and Nate had a really crazy week at work so my mom and I got to hang out with Sam and Jake. We went to the Field Museum, the Museum of Science and Industry and hung out at our house while they played XBox (Halo, anyone?). After Sam left on Saturday, Nate and I took Jake to a Cubs vs. Reds game at Wrigley. Turns out all that is A LOT of activity for a pregnant woman. It's a good thing our evenings were pretty low-key. We had dinner at our house a couple nights (Nate is still drooling over the Spaghetti Carbonara that Andrew made) and introduced the Dodds to Heaven on Seven - a really great Cajun restaurant downtown. Andrew liked it so much that we went there twice (unheard of for Dodds!!). Sam got really good "voodoo" enchiladas that I have been craving ever since. My first real pregnancy craving! Having the Dodds here was really fun and it didn't matter that it was also my and Nate's 7th anniversary while they were here. It was cool to share that with them but the real celebration will be next month when Nate and I head to Curacao for a week.

No comments: