
We just had a wonderful visit from Nate's parents. Sophie fell in love with Jane instantly (who wouldn't?). It was so sweet to watch the two of them together. I think they really bonded. Within the first few hours, Sophie had already forgotten about me and was holding Jane's hand. Jim was super busy. Let's just say that he brought work clothes and sent ahead a box of supplies. I don't think I ever saw him sit still. Lucky us...? We spent lots of time with Dave and Sarah, too, which is always a bonus. And Jane watched Sophie so that Nate and I could go on our hospital tour (eek! The baby is really coming!) and so we could go to a movie. A real live movie, in a real live theater, with real live buttered popcorn (mmmmm!!!). The trip did start out weird though because the morning they arrived, we lost power to
half of our house. Just half (3 out of 4 bedrooms were out, kitchen lights were out but fridge still worked, etc.). Apparently, half of our transformer blew - who knew that was possible? It did give Jim the opportunity to supervise the ComEd workers when they came to fix it, which I think he liked.

Sophie showing Grandma her favorite spot at the conservatory (Sophie LOVES the cactus room but is terrified by the parrots).

We (well, not me, but Jim and Nate and Jane) did a bunch of gardening. We finally did something with our front flower beds. Nate even found me a lilac tree, which I am ecstatic about.

Sophie got a kick out of digging in the dirt. She found a baby worm and would not let it go. We tried to take it from her and she clasped it to her heart and said "No, mine!". When she finally did lose it, she said over and over, "Oh no - I droppa baby worm!"
We were so sorry to see them go, like always. Sophie was especially upset - she wouldn't let go of Grandma. I can't believe it's less than 5 weeks until Jane is back to help with the new baby. Ahh!
No comments:
Post a Comment