Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby Update



We had our final ultrasound while Jane was here so she was able to come with me. I thought it was so cool to share it with her! She had never seen one before and I think she really loved being there, even though she had to wrangle Sophie. I'm not sure if you can really tell in these pictures, but she was trying to put her hand in her mouth during the ultrasound. Everything looks perfect with the baby. She weighs 5lb. 2oz right now (give or take 12oz. - it's really just a guess). That puts her in the 90-95th percentile. They are supposed to gain between 1/2 and 3/4 of a pound a week from here on out so she will not be itty-bitty. They've been watching her so closely because she's always been on the smallish side and now all of a sudden she has shot up. Not that we should be surprised she's going to be a big baby since Sophie was big, too. It's a good thing we have decided to do a repeat c-section. It's officially been scheduled so unless she decides to come early and mess up all my plans, I will be delivering this little one on
July 7th at 2:15pm
That's less than five weeks away! I'm very excited to meet her but it feels like it is coming up way too soon! Better go organize her clothes...

1 comment:

Taren said...

Lucky you. We have our ultrasound scheduled for the 8th of July. I'm only half way through and I already want to be done. It seems like the whole pregnancy takes forever but the last couple of weeks fly by. Good luck with everything!!