Monday, November 24, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Robinson



Mikey's married!! My cousin, Mike, just got married in Salt Lake. Sophie and I got to fly out for the wedding (poor Nate misses all the fun since he has to fund our adventures). We played outside the temple while they got married... well, tried to. Sophie mostly clung to Mom since there were so many strange people. Grandpa Koplin did get her to open up and run around a little bit. Jane watched Sophie while I went to the Wedding Luncheon. Maddie and Henry came over to play and apparently they had a ball. Maddie was very solicitous of Sophie and was very good at sharing with her. Sophie was good at sharing, too - she gave Henry some of her treats. The Luncheon was really good. Kari did a fantastic job with the food and the decorations and the whole atmosphere. I thought I would be back to pick up Sophie at about 2:30 and left the Luncheon in enough time to get there by then, but I got caught in a major traffic fiasco on the way back - a propane tanker overturned on the freeway and basically shut it down. Traffic was at a total standstill and it took me almost two hours to go a distance that normally only takes 20min. It was frustrating to say the least! Because I was late getting there, Sophie was late taking her nap (but thanks to Jane for getting her to sleep before I got there) and therefore in a totally crabby mood when we had to leave for the reception in the mountains outside of Alpine. She cried almost the entire way there and it took over an hour to get there. Only for Mike would I make that much of a trek with a fussy baby. And I'm so glad we made it! It was so fun to see all our family who made it out and it was awesome to see Mike and Amy celebrate. We are so happy for him! He and Amy make a great couple and we wish them all the best!



While the wedding was the highlight of the trip, it wasn't the only thing we did while we were there. We went to the park with Miles (in his jammies) and attempted the park with Hazel and Drew. We played the piano at Grandpa Koplin's and at the Howells' and Sophie danced on the table for Grandma Jane. We went to the Aquarium with Miles, Hazel, Drew and Grandma Yoj. I got to go with Kristen to her first post-cancer scan (CLEAR!!!!!!!!) and with my sisters shopping, without kids. Sophie got to spend lots of alone time with Grandma Jane and with the Koplins', and she did great. I was super worried that she would be a total pill about strangers but she was awesome, like she always is. I don't know why I'm surprised anymore.

No comments: