Sophie was a big help getting the house ready for Thanksgiving. She made an appetizer platter (fruit strips, goldfish, yogurt raisins, dried fruit) for our guests - totally her idea!
And she helped me make the labels for the serving dishes. (I always do this to make dishing up easier.) Notice that amazing penmanship? Yeah, she's four. Just sayin'.
Seriously, Sophie and Nate do at least half the work. Mostly Nate. Sophie thinks she does more than she actually does, it turns out. There is no way I could pull off a Thanksgiving every year if it weren't for him.
We had a wonderful meal wherein everything actually turned out good! First time we haven't had something go wrong at the last minute.
The rest of our weekend was full of:
dress-ups,
(including wigs)
Christmas decorating,
puzzles,
shopping and mall rides,
Muppets movies,
an early Christmas present,
and brunch with good friends (of which I got zero pictures because we were having too much fun).






No comments:
Post a Comment