Things we learned on the 4th of July:
~ Sophie LOVES corn on the cob, which she had for the first time.
~ I am still pregnant.
~ Rain puts a damper on plans to go to the park, the zoo or the swimming pool.
~ Nate makes really good hamburgers.
~ Sophie inherited my insane, overblown reaction to mosquitos. Some of her bites turned into blisters!!!
~ We should have gone to Indiana to buy fireworks. The "fireworks" you can get here are just smoke bombs disguised as fountains, grenades and towers. Hugely disappointing for Nate and I, although probably good for our two-year-old who really wanted to get closer to the action.
~ Every little town, village or neighborhood seems to do big fireworks. It's almost 11:30 and we have been listening to booms and bangs for hours. It's like London during the Blitz! I guess this is supposed to make up for the previous lesson although it does us no good since none of them can be seen from our house.




No comments:
Post a Comment